Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spiders! Really BIG Spiders!!!

Since I seem to be on a critter kick with the last couple of posts, I thought I'd tell you another funny story about husband #2. He was born and raised in Denver and had absolutely no experience with life in the country. Before we got married, I took him home to meet my Grandma. There's a room with several beds over the cellar house at her farm. The first night we were there, we took our bags up, turned on the light, and #2 started laughing. I asked him what was so funny. He said, "Alright, who's the joker that put the rubber spider up on the wall?" I looked where he was pointing and there was the biggest barn spider I have ever seen in my life! I kid you not, it's leg span was as big as a saucer! Not wanting to give him a coronary, I quietly told him it wasn't a joke. The spider was indeed real. He had a funny expression for a few seconds then the color slowly faded from his face and his mouth kept opening but no sound came out. I figured I'd better take matters into my own hands and I picked up one of his brand new running shoes. "Oh, my GOD! Not my shoe!!!" I rolled up a magazine, looked at the spider, then back at the magazine, and tossed it aside. I picked up the Sears & Roebuck catalog and that did the trick. Poor city boy got a little green around the gills. He always checked between the sheets after that!

Be good to each other!

Ginny

1 comment:

  1. WOW. You're braver than me by far! My husband James has to do all the critter-killin' around here. Always fun to read your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note...come on, you know you want to!