Sunday, July 25, 2010

I ain't afraid of no...SNAKE!!!!

Snakes really don't bother me. Granted, I have never seen a poisonous snake outside of the zoo. Mr. Virgo, on the other hand, hates snakes. Not that I blame him. He's been bitten by snakes more than once, so I guess that gives him the right. Mr. Virgo lived in Florida for many years, home to some very nasty serpents. When you mow the lawn in Florida, the snakes will burrow down in the grass. Once you've mowed over them, they often jump up at you. Consequently, Mr. V took to mowing the lawn with a shotgun in one hand pushing the mower in the other. You can't imagine how many lawn mowers he's killed!

We've had a lot of snakes in our yard this year for some reason. I know they're only garter snakes but the only good snake is a dead snake in Mr. Virgo's book. We were out clearing the flower beds the other day and I killed three within 15 minutes. Now, it's not enough that I've incapacitated them. I've got to go the extra mile with the pruning shears in order to prove to Mr. V that they are indeed among the not-so-dearly departed. We were gathering up the weeds and leaves we had cleared into a big, black trash bag that my dearly beloved was holding for me. In between armloads of detritus, another dead snake would go into the bag. About a minute after I threw in the last of the latent reptiles, the phone on Mr. Virgo's belt started vibrating. He jumped about three feet straight up, the bag went flying, and I wet my pants laughing at him!

I'm going to have to take stock out in Depends if this keeps up.

Be good to each other!

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note...come on, you know you want to!