Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dangerous Side Effects

Don't you just love those commercials advertising the latest, greatest cure-all? I can always tell when a new drug has started advertising on TV because suddenly everyone coming into our clinic has that disease. That's what I want...a drug for some minor inconvenience that can cause ulcers, bleeding, liver damage, some rare but (un-named) serious side effects, brain cancer, heart failure, athlete's foot, hair loss, blindness, skin rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, fatigue. Do not combine this drug with alcohol or certain other specific types of drugs. (Trust me...if you have all these problems, you're going to need a martini just to get through the day!) Do not attempt to drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how this drug will affect you. (Good...that'll get me out of running the combine for awhile.) Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant or who are nursing or have ever nursed or who know someone that has ever been pregnant or nursed should not take this medication. Contact your health care provider (or local mortician) if you experience numbness, tingling in the hands and feet, fainting, swelling of the face, tongue, throat or eyes as this may indicate a life-threatening emergency. Oh yeah...give me some of that!

I do get a kick out of the male-enhancement drug warnings though. "If you experience an erection that lasts more than four hours, seek medical help right right away!" I don't know about you ladies, but if your man has that problem...isn't medical assistance the last thing he's getting? I'm just saying.

Be good to each other!

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note...come on, you know you want to!